Friday, July 6, 2012

back in the 90266

Being back is odd. My body has a way of melting into my own bed when I get home. I feel so physically exhausted from this year, from the shows, from cleaning a whole apartment by myself, from being so far away from you. 
I'm glad to be home, to the sunshine and the cool breeze and my friends who fascinate me as their mouths move a million miles a minute. I lay curled up in a ball last night watching them say things, smiling to myself because it was like an old song I hadn't heard in quite sometime.

So much happened this year. 
I realized I capable of way more than I ever thought. 
I essentially lost a friend to her relationship and a filthy apartment. Or maybe we just grew apart. Either way, she doesn't give a shit.
I became the listener, not the talker. 
I realized how beautiful the sky was and how overwhelmingly full life has the potential of being. 
I am a lot smarter than I thought I was. 
I feel physically drawn to people and places that I need to go. 
I care more now than I ever have. 
I love harder than I thought I could. 
My voice sounds different. 
My body feels different. 



No comments:

Post a Comment