Tuesday, January 24, 2012

well,

I applied. Finally. after two years of wanting to. I came to the realization that weird things were holding me back from not applying. I'm twenty. I should still do the things I want to do and being on an island for the whole summer is one of them. I miss being in acting class. Even an acting class that doesn't necessarily challenge me as much as I wanted. But this one would. I want someone to challenge me and believe in me. I want to be validated. How have I not picked my audition pieces yet? This is why I am here. to get into the program....
This weekend was such a blow to my ego. I stood by as though invisible at two different parties as the freshman girls I babysat got hit on by everyone in the room. I clearly don't need to be hit on. But being the invisible mom, that felt just great. And these girls are my competition.

Last night I told him my deepest darkest secret.
then whispered, "I am only telling you this because you're my best friend."

1 comment:

  1. I think you care too much what other people think. I have been told lately that I presume and maybe I shouldn't, but when you say this weekend was a blow to your ego I am just dumbfounded because (although I wasn't at this baby sitting thing) you defiantly impressed me this weekend with how talented you are at things. who cares what random other people think about you. you have someone who really cares about you, people who look up to you professionally and personally, AND talent to spare. who could you have picked your audition pieces if they haven't really told us what they want? you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. but then again what do I know I know I shouldn't tell people what to do so it is just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete