Friday, February 3, 2012

writers block maybe?

The cereal aisle blurred in front of me as I reached towards the Honey Comb to steady myself.
"You alright dear?" an older man asked skeptically.
He probably things I'm drunk, I thought to myself as I took a deep breath and nodded my head.
I wasn't in fact drunk, but I felt like I needed to sit down.


I haven't been able to write. Its not for lack of trying, I have been trying. I just don't feel as good as I use to after I write. Perhaps its ever since things that were staggeringly real to me were called out as unrealistic in the realm of writing.

This morning I found myself curled into a ball, wearing a big t-shirt and feeling utterly content. He walked in and looked at me that way that he does.
"I love you" he whispered.

My surroundings spun again as I made the long journey two blocks home.

No comments:

Post a Comment