Sunday, March 18, 2012

the sky looks like Ethan Frome.


We walked to Safeway in the rain. The more that came flying out of my mouth the faster we walked. I realized how close we were. Especially because I can say anything to her and I know she won't think its dumb. Especially when she said I was one of her best friends.

This weekend. It happened three times. People who I feel so close to called me their best friends and I wanted to turn to them and squeeze them and say, "YOU MEAN IT?! YOU REALLY MEAN IT?!!!" [well I suppose I did that to one of them]

Then later I sat on a couch with a platonic boy friend who I care about more than words can describe and I looked around at the scene and audibly sighed:
"What is it love?"
"Its just that I was just thinking about my two lives"
"What do you mean?"
"The person I am when I'm here and the person I am when I'm there."
"I can only assume that they are both wonderful people."

1 comment: