Friday, March 15, 2013

she was something.

Having a very challenging time coming to terms with the fact that most of what I'm proud of goes unrecognized. 

I didn't feel the surge of electricity running through my body like I felt last night with the other parts I had. I felt real things. I was proud of what I was showing for the first time. 
I got more feed back and praise for the one minute and thirty seconds I was on stage then for laying my guts out. Do I just have a really fucked up perception of my abilities? 

They all left and he pulled me on to his lap. For the first time in a long time I felt protected. I had, discretely, almost finished an entire of champagne alone. 

"What's going on?" 

I shook my head. 


"You can tell me." 

And so I did. And he listened. 

"I care about you a lot. I hope you know that."

"I just want to be something."

"You are. You're more than something."


No comments:

Post a Comment