Tuesday, September 7, 2010

fifteen day adhesive. buy while supplies last.

I feel this sense of control that I probably shouldn't feel right now.
In any normal circumstance everything should feel unstable.
fifteen more days and I'm out of here.
I've been waiting to be out of here since I started high school. I believe it was the third day of freshman year when I thought to myself as I sat in my algebra for dummies class, "can I go now?"
It would make perfect sense for me to feel like I was unraveling. but I don't. I'm ready.
The only minor thing that concerns me is what will happen to my foundation. what will happen here with the fundamental things that I'm leaving behind?
in regards to my friends, they'll be fine. Most of them already have a handful of people they are already comfortable with. They are already gone. The ones who remain here will have a lot to think about and probably won't waste a beat missing me.
But what will become of the two pillars that hold the roof up. They're already cracked and damaged enough. I have been a sort of adhesive for the past couple years.
what will become of the pillars.
I would categorize myself as the red door and the roof between the pillars. except,I'll be able to hold myself up. and without the pillars being able to hold something up they will most likely crumble.


No comments:

Post a Comment