Wednesday, June 22, 2011

no sphinx, just hedges.


its weird that I graduated high school a year ago. I reread what I wrote in response to finishing high school. dated June 26 2010.
I feel the same way then as I do now. I wish I had tried out to give the speech. minor details.

I feel the same because I am the same. I just understand myself better now. My head use to be a labyrinth which is stupid because it all was so simple. now its like that hedge maze we all ran through in the South of France, easy to navigate with one exit.

Had lunch today with two old friends and watched in awe as they described their lives just as they use to in our regular booth. The three of us always ate lunch or dinner in the same restaurant and went around in a circle telling details and secrets about our lives. Time had clearly passed, they told tales that would have shocked our twelve year old selves. But as I finished my fries and the two of them looked at me expectantly to tell juicy college stories I merely smiled, looked at them and said:

"Nothing to tell really. I just finally feel things and stuff"

No comments:

Post a Comment