Tuesday, November 2, 2010

guts.

[this has nothing to do with this post. I just miss Florence.]

there was something about the phrase "dangerously human" that caught my attention the other day in rehearsal.

definitions are concrete. and they allow room for vulnerability.
this is why I find myself straddling a thin line for feeling something and feeling nothing at all. all the time.
this does not make me dangerously human.
As I walked quickly beside someone who thinks almost entirely with his head I paused to wonder how I make decisions. I said,
"so. You think with your head"
"yes. And you think....you do too?"
"does it seem like I do?"
"not exactly....I feel like you make decisions with something even more logical."
"My gut."
"I guess that makes the most sense. its exactly somewhere between your head and your heart."
"I think people think less with their heart and more with a sort of lust. but maybe I'm completely wrong. Its just my gut feeling"




No comments:

Post a Comment