Saturday, March 19, 2011

no lord.

today I sat in a small chapel and lied to a priest's face.
well, I suppose he wasn't a priest. he was a deacon. still. I lied.


"Do you believe in the one holy God and Jesus Christ?"
"Yes"

Well, I don't. clearly.

I'm a godmother. as in god. as in religion.
so we splashed the water on his head, and took some pictures and we left the little chapel.
I sat sandwiched between my little big sister and my cute grandma and saw the visible tension between my parents. to break the silence I joked,
"When he asked if I renounced Satan I almost said maybe"
silence.
"You know, its good to have some sin in your life. what is sin anyway? I call it learning experience. growth."
silence.
and then....

BOOM

three different lectures about my ignorance from three different places. its bad enough that they make me dislike my body and feel bad for getting seconds when I'm around them, now they decide its time to take a giant shit on my opinions.


hypocrites.

No comments:

Post a Comment