Friday, March 11, 2011

no rainboots.


We walked in the uncertain rain and my face was damper than any part of my body. Our roles reversed. I was the one talking this time. I proclaimed things that I had not even thought to say out loud. I discussed the things that had been weighing heavily on my mind.

Godot has been on my mind all term.
I mentioned waiting. How I have been waiting for something for nineteen years...I just wasn't sure what that something was.

Wanting to discuss I asked:

"What do you think you're waiting for?"
"I'm not waiting."
"You're....what?"
"I said, I'm not waiting"
"How are you not waiting. EVERYONE IS WAITING"
"You don't have any patience."
"what?"
"Wait longer."

I stopped dead in my tracks.
"You're not appreciating what you have."
"I have finally realized that I don't need to sit passively and wait for things to happen to me. I have to take it into my own hands. These are the things I think about. I just thought I could tell them to you."
"I've already been through this, I'm older than you remember?...you'll figure it out soon"

I stared blankly into the face that I have trusted these past couple months and turned and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment