Saturday, June 26, 2010

this is water.

"These Eskimos might be much more than they seem"

this all, everything lately can be defined with a simple three letter word: odd.

graduated, I mean...really? I'm actually done with high school? the very little attachment I have for the school was obvious at the end of the ceremony. looking at the faces of my best friends or people that I shared even a look with at some point in four years...tears in their eyes. Couldn't relate. I'll miss them [some of them] but not the safety of Costa. not in the least bit.
As I sat there trying to pay attention to the cliches that the commencement speakers were going on and on about I allowed my mind to drift. I hadn't tried out to give the speech because I assumed that the kind of speech I would give would not be the cookie cutter speech mira costa insisted on.... what would mine sound like?
I have said on the occasion [okay, more than an occasion] that I have learned absolutely nothing from high school, academically speaking of course. This is inherently true. I was not one of the honors or AP students. I preferred to sit in the back of the class room and observe. The mannerisms and facial expressions of my peers became my classes. People watching became far more educational then any math class.
I could have done so much better grade wise in high school. but then I would not be this person. If I had rolled over and paid for standardized tests to get me into name brand schools I would not be this person.
So then, have I changed in four years? or do I remain to be the fifteen year old girl who thought she knew everything.
I can't tell you.
all i know is that I'm still the girl that makes awkward jokes and does this:




No comments:

Post a Comment