Thursday, February 24, 2011

its snowing.

as I said, last night I had my first callback here.
I felt cool. really cool. sitting in that room with all those upperclassmen. We walked around the room and greeted each other and at first I awkwardly shook hands with everyone feeling self conscious. Then I realized, I had as much right to be there as all of them did.

I was sure that I needed to be there. after doing scenes for ten minutes I knew I had to be there.
All of the sudden, I was on the mainstage reading for a part that was the complete opposite of me. I ruled. I was better in those twenty minutes than I had been in a long time. The only problem, I was reading with someone that clearly didn't want to be doing a love scene with me. we were reading for the two most grounded characters in the show and yet he was playing it CRAZY.
Callbacks are a funny thing. They're all about timing. What if I hadn't read with him? What if I read with someone else. What if he gets cast because they were better friends and had better chemistry?
But I shouldn't focus on the fact he didn't help me at all. I did well. I wouldn't have changed anything.

the problem now is,
I just want more.
is it possible to have an addiction to acting?

but its snowing.

but i hate being a freshman at this moment.
I wish I wasn't.
I wish I had some street cred here.

No comments:

Post a Comment