Monday, February 14, 2011

glow in the dark stars standing still


"moans are connected with not getting what you want right away"


This line hit me on Thursday night. I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought of it before.

On Sunday morning, I moaned. Well, more of a sigh.
but not in the way she meant in the monologue.
at all.

After a weekend of fulfilling performances and even more fulfilling conversations, on Sunday morning after not sleeping, and with my head spinning from the copious amount of champagne I drank at the toast, I drew the covers over my head as I heard the door shut and sighed a deep, fulfilled sigh.
We had a decent conversation.
The moan, or the sigh was deeply rooted in finally feeling heard. Rooted in performing in front of a sold out audience. Rooted in sitting on the bottom bunk, discussing expectations and how bizarre they truly are. Rooted in the beautiful things that group of women said at the toast. Rooted in the blissful innocence of falling next to someone at six in the morning. Rooted in not turning my back away.

Rooted in the way my heart leaps at the idea of possibility.

I'm so ready for so many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment