Monday, April 18, 2011

moral of the story: nightcaps are good.

It felt like one of those times when I was in a movie about a girl in college last night. I've had a lot of those lately.
three of us sat in my room drinking poorly made manhattans and my perpetually drunk friend in a sweater talked about an accidental date he went on. I kept sharing looks with a boy I like as this man in a sweater that was too tight on him asked for relationship advice from us as if we were some seasoned couple.
but it felt like that.
not in a monotonous way, not in a serious way just in a nice way.
I feel like this is what dating is suppose to be. what I've always wanted it to be. not this boyfriend girlfriend shit. not yet.
i like it.
it works for me.

We watched the man in the sweater call the girl and invite her over for a nightcap. [he actually used the word nightcap which is why the night seemed so cinematic.]
then we watched from my window across the courtyard as he made her a drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment