Thursday, August 25, 2011

it has been a bad summer.

On June 11th I stood in my nearly empty dorm facing my bulletin board. It was still covered with the faces of the people who I cared about most.
On my first night alone in my room I carefully placed all of the pictures across from my bed and throughout the year when I was disappointed or felt by myself I sat on my bed and stared at those faces.

I was sad to leave school for a few months but my excitement to see everyone again outweighed everything.

Things are different. Its hard for me to pin point when things changed because it was presumably when I was away.

This summer my best friend was in Europe, I was bed ridden with some mysterious undiagnosed lump, my guys hung out with their girls and everyone sat around and smoked.

It isn't the same. I was naive to think it would be.
somehow, its okay though.

1 comment:

  1. These posts are really powerful, and make me feel emotion. They make me want to do something that is as strong and powerful. I wish I could say more because these posts deserve more in my opinion, but I don't have much to say. Thank you for your words. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete