Monday, August 22, 2011

melted ice cream and my generation.

As I inhaled my sushi on my five minute break at work I watched a girl who must have been around my age and a boy who looked no older than sixteen sitting across from me in front of an ice cream shop.
The girl was pregnant, and wanted everyone to know about it. The boy rolled his eyes as the girl complained about her swollen ankles and how eating ice cream made her feel fat.
I suppressed a laugh as I ate my last California roll.

"I DON'T WANT THIS ANYMORE. YOU FINISH IT." she said thrusting the cone in the boys face. He took it and leaned over and kissed the girl on the cheek.
"Babe. You're not fat. You're beautiful. I will love you always." he said in a flat, unconvincing voice as he touched her stomach.
"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME AND MY DAUGHTER." She said as she dramatically left the plaza.
The boy sighed and picked up her huge purse that she neglected to pick up and threw the ice cream away.

Great lunch theatre, lunch theatre that almost made me throw up my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment