Tuesday, August 30, 2011

letter again.

Dear the boy under the lamp post,

I've spent a lot of time laying in bed with my eyes wide open lately. And all I've been able to think about is the future.
Talking in that diner for hours had the strangest affect on me. Especially because I am still thinking about it.

Initially it made me feel like I was sixteen again. I physically felt like I was 5'4. I put my feet up on the dash board and you looked at me just like you did three years ago.
Then sitting there drinking too many glasses of water just as an excuse to stay I felt more myself than I've felt in a long time. This is always the affect you have on me.
As I slammed your car door I couldn't help but look back at you and the person that you still are after all of this time. You are still the boy under the lamp post.

And now for the part I've never said out loud: You are the person I thought about when I was Eve and any other character I play for that matter. Whenever I am searching for an emotion I find it in one of our past conversations. I am a good actor and writer because of the material and the things you have made me feel.

The crazy part is I can still be happy with someone else because of everything you have given me without ever even realizing it.

Always,
the girl under the lamp post


No comments:

Post a Comment