Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ruining white rice for you.

As I vomited every last grain of white rice in the staff bathroom at the spa all I could think was "NO RICE GRAIN LEFT BEHIND" a way better promise than GW Bushy made to children a while ago. I laughed as I vomited the entirety my conservative lunch, splashed water in my face and walked to the reception desk.

"I just threw up. Will you cover my phones for the rest of the day?"

The doctor prescribed a 'mega antibiotic' to basically cover every base possible. the side affect of the antibiotic is vomiting. if it is truly an infection of my lymph nodes, I should be well in 24 hours. but to be safe, the doctor wants me to go to the hospital tomorrow to get a scan of my neck to see if its something more serious.

As my oceanography professor droned on about the formations of wa
ves my mind was with waves crashing on my favorite island: Catalina. I thought about the pebbles that got caught between my toes as the water pulled the rest of them back out. I thought about the morning we woke up to watch the sunrise wrapped in towels on the beach and when we made it to the top of that mountain....................


I didn't even realize everyone had already gotten up for break until my professor said:

"Sarah. You look pale. Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure exactly. I'm somewhere between awful and blissful."

"you could rest at the foot of my bed
and whisper reassurances
cause I'm not sure of anything
I'm not sure of anything"

No comments:

Post a Comment