Sunday, July 3, 2011

we'll always have....

Saw a movie last night that forced me to step back and examine myself. [aren't those the best kinds of movies?]
It was Midnight in Paris, Woody Allen's new flick. [what I would give to be in a Woody Allen movie.]
The story is a about a man who is successful screen writer, in a seemingly great relationship and is in Paris for a few w
eeks with his rich fiance and her parents.
He wanders around Paris wishing he could have seen it in its prime, the 1920s and to his surprise a car picks him up and takes him to a roaring party in the 1920s. He parties with the Fitzgeralds,chats up Hemingway and has his novel read by Gertrude Stein.

I was mesmerized with the Paris scenery and this fantasy because it is one I have had far too often. why couldn't I be drunk with the Fitzgeralds instead of watching my friends get stoned?
Somewhere in the middle of the movie my mind was made up. I wanted to quit school and move to Paris. I knew that I wouldn't be able to time travel but anything seemed better than being here.
The main character walked by the river seine in the exact spot wher
e we all sat eating ice cream on our free day in Paris.
I wanted that back.
but I realized, while I wanted Paris back, I really just wanted those people back.

Maybe I will move to Paris someday.
but for now I need to focus on being here and find a way to break through the monotony and get back to the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment